Google Demo Day is coming to Detroit on March 30
Mar 30, 2017 , 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Startups in cities all around the world are building incredible, innovative companies, but many lack access to the robust investment opportunities of Silicon Valley. We recognize that innovation is alive and well far beyond the confines of a few cities.
In April 2014, Google for Entrepreneurs hosted their first annual Demo Day, featuring top startups from Denver to Detroit to Durham. They’ll be doing it again for the fourth year, bringing another cohort of companies to Silicon Valley to pitch for investors. We want to feature you!
The process will start with a local demo day here in Detroit on March 30. The qualifications for startups will be posted in advance in order to apply and be considered to pitch in the Detroit Demo Day.
Startups will pitch in front of a panel of judges and the community. Judges will deliberate and narrow it down to three finalists who will be submitted to Google. Google will then make the final decision on which startup will be sent to the Googleplex in California to pitch!
Interested in attending the event? RSVP here!
Interested in applying to pitch on 3/30? Click here to apply by Monday, March 20.
Here is the schedule:
- Applications open: 3/6
- Applications close: 3/17 at noon // Deadline extended to 3/20 at noon
- Startup announcement: 3/22 by 5pm
- If chosen, pitch decks due by: 3/28
- Detroit Google Demo Day: 3/30
Criteria for startups who wish to apply:
- Startups must be legally incorporated and headquartered in Canada, Mexico, or the U.S.
- Startups should be actively raising $1,000,000 – $5,000,000 USD.
- Demonstrate traction through funding raised, revenue and customer growth
- Must be available to be in Mountain View June 6 -9, Google Demo Day will be on June 8