2017 NEIdeas Awards Gala @ Eastern Market – Shed 5
Join us Thursday, November 2, at Shed 5 in Eastern Market to celebrate winners of the NEIdeas small business challenge, past and present.
NEIdeas is a program that rewards existing businesses in Detroit, Hamtramck, and Highland Park for their ideas for growth. This year, 22 businesses will receive a total of $400,000 in grants. Since NEIdeas launched in 2014, NEIdeas has awarded a total of $1.5 million to 96 businesses from accross Detroit, Hamtramck, and Highland Park.
The 2017 Awards Gala program will include:
– A performance by internationally renowned poet Jessica Care Moore of a specially commissioned piece celebrating Detroit small businesses
– A photo exhibit of all past NEIdeas winners by Detroit photographer Ali Lapetina (check out her recent piece in the NY Times about Rohingya refugees living in Chicago)
– Door prizes for both past NEIdeas winners and attendees
– Food and drink by past NEIdeas winners, including Detroit Vegan Soul, The Turkey Grill, Tijuana’s Mexican Kitchen, Guerilla Food, Sha La Cynt’s, Louisiana Creole Gumbo, Brooklyn Brownies with Love, Sweet Potato Sensations, Ellis Island Tea, Tequila Cabresto, and more…
– Customized gifts for each of our past winners
– An award ceremony honoring this year’s NEIdeas winners
Doors at 6 p.m.
Cocktails, apetizers, and networking 6-7 p.m.
Program begins at 7 p.m.