Information Session – Round 5 of the Kresge Innovative Projects: Detroit (KIP:D) initiative
8425 W. McNichols Road, Detroit, MI 48221
Applications are now being accepted for Round 5 of the Kresge Innovative Projects: Detroit (KIP:D) initiative. As many of you know, KIP:D provides resources for projects that support the vision and creativity of residents to strengthen Detroit’s neighborhoods.
Information about Round 5 of KIP:D, including links to application guidelines, the online application, descriptions of past projects and answers to frequently asked questions can be found at Kresge.org/KIPD2019.
We expect to award 10-20 KIP:D grants in May to support planning and/or implementation activities for projects in neighborhoods across Detroit. A total of $1.5 million in project funding will be awarded through individual grants of up to $150,000. Over the first four rounds of KIP:D (in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018), KIP:D has supported nearly 60 community partners on neighborhood-based projects to improve the quality of life for Detroit residents.
New streamlined application process
This year, we will continue using a two-step application process, which we launched last round in an effort to streamline the applicant experience. We’re asking applicants to first submit a Concept Proposal that briefly describes the project by answering four questions either in a series of short written responses or a 3-5 minute video, which can be uploaded through YouTube. After reviewing these Concept Proposals, Kresge will then invite some applicants to submit more detailed project proposals for final decisions. We hope that this change makes it easier for more organizations to share their vision and concepts with us.
The application deadline for a Concept Proposal is Tuesday, Feb. 5. We also hope that your organization and its members can help us to spread the word about this opportunity. Feel free to share this email, to share our postings atFacebook/TheKresgeFoundation and to retweet our postings from @kresgedetroit with the hashtag #KIPDetroit.
We also look forward to holding three information sessions in Detroit, where we will answer questions and offer support to complete Concept Proposals:
- Thursday, Jan. 17, 5 p.m. Marygrove College – Main Dining Hall in the Madame Cadillac Building, 8425 W. McNichols Road, Detroit, MI 48221
- Tuesday, Jan. 22, 5 p.m. TechTown Detroit, 440 Burroughs St., Detroit, MI 48202
- Wednesday, Jan. 23, 2 p.m. Gleaners Community Food Bank, 2131 Beaufait, Detroit, MI 48207
- Michigan Community Resources is also offering open office hours to provide individualized application assistance. Please see below for dates and times for these office hours. Please contact Amber Umscheid at email@example.com or (313) 949-7902 with any questions about open office hours:
- Thursday, Jan. 24, 3-7 p.m. People’s Community Church 8601 Woodward Ave, Detroit, MI 48202
- Wednesday, Jan. 30, 2-6 p.m.Mexicantown Latino Cultural Center 2835 Bagley, Detroit, MI 48073
- Monday, Feb. 4, 12-4 p.m.Gleaners 2131 Beaufait, Detroit, MI 48207